Are you willing to stop all your activities and connect up with some great watersports & outdoor activities, then Conroe, TX is the best place for you. Take your next adventure the next level by exploring the area -- ranging from wild water expeditions to calming hikes in picturesque spots.
Be it a family retreat or couples hideaway, Conroe will provide activity balance packed in a splendid and peaceful retreat. Let’s read on to find out what you can do and where to go in Conroe, Texas.
What To Do and Where To Go in Conroe
If you’re around the Lake don’t miss to stop by HydroRockets for some moments of adrenaline rush. Test out the hoverboards, jet boards, and other hydro flight equipment for a speedy venture over the water. This equipment enables you to fly up to between 5 and 25 feet above the water level under propulsion of the thrust of the attached hose. Novices, as well as enthusiasts, have the opportunity to make memorable experiences, thanks to the experts at HydroRockets.
Lone Star Hiking Trail
Texas has four national forests, including Sam Houston National Forest in Conroe. It is a 160,000-acre property, hosting the hiker’s “Jewel of Texas,” also known as the Lone Star Hiking Trail. This trail also features several access points and is not more than 30 minutes away from downtown Conroe, thus making it the most convenient place to visit. The original track is sandy and has some grassy areas as well as creeks. Here, you find joy watching the wildlife, such as turkey, white-tailed deer, quail, and foxes.
While exploring, the Owen Theatre is yet another fantastic destination for evening activity that you cannot afford missing. It is one of the most modern theater versions. It was constructed in 1946, and it has a capacity of comfortable 250 audiences, including members as well as invites coming to watch productions such as the Little Women and Beauty & the Beast. Owen Theatre is reasonably priced and makes the best place to help you cap off your afternoon under hot sun in Texas.
Southern Star Brewing Company
So you want to hang out with your friends, or partner or with just alone, then purpose yourself to pass by the Southern Star for a meal or something more interesting. At Southern Star Brewing Company, there is beer release party accompanied by live music every Friday night. The atmosphere here is fanciful and superb. The draught selections are on top-level and rekindle the happy moments you’ve always dreamt about.
What’s more? Ensure you ask about the Taproom Series -- a stripe of limited draught-only beers. Better still, you can join the bartender for a brewery tour. Something else you won’t regret is sliding into your cowman boots and saddling up to the barstool.
Five places we recommend in Conroe
- 1097 Watersports – Lake Conroe is not only beautiful but also action-packed. The 1097 Watersports takes you there in canoes, jet skis, kayaks, and private boats or paddle boards. It offers you a better way to watch the sunset down from the inside of a private boat, packed with fresh blueberries as well as freezing craft beer and much more.
- Conroe Art Gallery -- A sensational little jewel presenting local artists to you. In this place, you’ll meet friendly and well-informed staff ready to share with you the beautiful stories about every work on display.
- Lake Conroe Park – Another place you must visit, but first, pick up a few potatoes and fresh meat then head to the park’s BBQ pits. Here you’ll see the southern stars dancing at night and friends jet-ski around the lake while you relax.
- Candy Cane Park – take a break and visit this idyllic park. It comprises of tennis courts, ADA compliant playgrounds, basketball courts as well as the Conroe Aquatic Center. Best for lovers of sports.
- Sam Houston National Forest – Do you love camping? Well, there are many campsites in the Sam Houston National Forest, with three established campgrounds giving access to a hot shower and much more after a long day of outdoor adventures in Conroe, Texas.